It’s time to talk about another head-scratcher: Amazon This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage. We often get asked questions like “What is a good buy box percentage on Amazon?” or “What’s the Amazon Buy Box Percentage report all about?” So, give us your ears (or your eyes) for a few minutes, and let’s find out how to increase Buy Box Percentage.
Table of Contents
Every now and then, we go over some of the most important seller metrics on our blog. Since we recently brought up the Buy Box in a dedicated FAQs post, it’s only fair that we also discuss the topic of Amazon This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage and how it relates to the coveted Featured Offer status.
While we’re on topic, we’ll also try to explain what the Amazon This refers to the situation where a sel… More Percentage report means, reveal what is a good buy box percentage on Amazon, and show how to increase Buy Box Percentage with BuyBoxBuddy, our newest and most hands-off repricer, hands down.
What does the Buy Box Percentage actually mean?
This refers to the situation where a sel… More Percentage is nothing more than a seller metric. It relates to page views and can be an indication of sales potential. But it’s not a performance metric, per se. So, for now, it doesn’t carry any real weight with Amazon, meaning that it won’t trigger a suspension on its own.
In very simple terms, Amazon This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage shows how many times you have the Buy Box when buyers check your listed item’s product page, out of all the times this active listing is viewed. So, you could think of it as Amazon’s way of quantifying a Featured Offer’s popularity.
How is Buy Box Percentage calculated?
As the Seller Forums reveal, This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage is the number of times you owned the Buy Box when customers viewed the listing, divided by the total number of page visits. It only works with active listings, it can yo-yo during campaigns, and it’s entirely dependent on Buy Box ownership.
Amazon calls it “This refers to the situation where a sel… More Wins” and calculates two separate values for it in Amazon Seller Central is a portal or a h… More. One is for your Buy Box percentage over the last 2 days, and there’s another one that spans a 30-day period. The first comes with a handy little trend arrow icon.
What is a good Buy Box Percentage on Amazon?
There’s no such thing as a universally accepted standard for This refers to the situation where a sel… More Percentages. Aside from issues like seasonality, fluctuations due to Advertising is a means of communication … More campaigns, and category-specific variations, the Amazon Buy Box percentage also varies from one listing to the next.
As shown on the Seller Forums, some sellers do well when the This refers to the situation where a sel… More Wins rate is as low as 2%-5%, while others expect decent sales at 15%. Rather than compare rates, sellers can make a note of their optimum percentage for their desired sales level and try to keep it that way for as long as possible.
How can you use Buy Box Percentage in your business decision?
To make informed decisions based on Buy Box Percentage, you should first know what this metric is at all times. In our recent blog post titled “Amazon Buy Box FAQ”, we briefly mentioned the Amazon This refers to the situation where a sel… More Percentage Report in Amazon Seller Central is a portal or a h… More.
To reach this report, locate the This refers to the situation where a sel… More Wins metrics tab on the Amazon Seller Central is a portal or a h… More homepage. Then click on the Buy Box Wins table shown in the screenshot above. This takes you to the Featured Offer Overview page on the Pricing Health dashboard (fmly Pricing Dashboard).
The report features a This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage graph and a tally of missed Buy Boxes. Underneath is a table with offers priced within a few percentage points of the Buy Box price. Note that the report only includes active listings. If there’s a dash instead of a percentage value, it means Amazon couldn’t calculate the metric.
How to increase Buy Box Percentage
This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage depends on two factors: Buy Box ownership and page views. The latter is easily improved by investing in Advertising is a means of communication … More campaigns. But the best way to improve your Buy Box Percentage is by boosting ownership. The more you own the Buy Box, the more likely it is that a buyer will view your offer while you own it.
There are countless ways to do so, and they relate mostly to Buy Box eligibility, pricing, fulfillment, and account health. We mentioned a few options in a previous blog post titled “Tips to Maximize Your Buy Box Percentage”, but here are 10 simple solutions:
- Lower the item’s price if your This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage is high but you’re not selling enough. This will affect your Total Price, which is a key factor in determining who wins the Buy Box.
- Raise the price if your Buy Box percentage is high but your profits are too low. Only make incremental changes to your price and test the effects they have on sales and metrics before settling on a price.
- For listings that aren’t very productive regardless of Buy Box percentage, consider investing in advertising on Amazon until buyers get a taste for your products.
- Always keep sufficient stock to avoid losing the Buy Box and letting your percentage plummet.
- Make sure your listings are active at all times so that you don’t miss out on Buy Box rotation.
- Consider switching to FBA or SFP to gain an edge in the Buy Box eligibility funnel.
- If you’re sticking to MFN, offer free shipping and several shipping options.
- Keep these 10 Amazon performance metrics that affect Buy Box eligibility in check.
- Check your listings often so that you don’t unwittingly carry out Amazon policy violations or even worse, fall victim to hijacked listings and other black-hat tactics.
- If your customer support for MFN and SFP orders isn’t up to par, consider switching to Customer Service by Amazon.
How does BuyBoxBuddy display Buy Box Percentage?
The This refers to the situation where a sel… More Percentage metric is useful, but it has its limitations. For one thing, you can’t control how many page views a listing has. So, if your product is often mistaken for a trending item, you might end up thinking there’s something wrong with your product page when there isn’t.
Secondly, the This refers to the situation where a sel… More gets passed around every few minutes. Without a repricer that shows you not only Buy Box analytics but also sales charts, you can miss out on important information. For instance, you might not:
- spot a competitor’s pricing patterns.
- own the This refers to the situation where a sel… More at the time of day when most buyers like to buy a specific item.
- notice that specific price changes lead to very specific sales results.
BuyBoxBuddy can address these and many other issues. As explained on our SmartLists help pages, BuyBoxBuddy calculates your actual ownership rates over the last 24 hours. So, it focuses on ownership rates, not page views.
This means it can weed out window shoppers and trend seekers from your reports, focusing strictly on how long you own the This refers to the situation where a sel… More. So, using BuyBoxBuddy to track your Buy Box Percentage is not only the faster and more reliable way to access this information in real time, but also the smarter alternative.
Also, since it groups listings into SmartLists, each with a different ownership rate, it enables you to spot missed opportunities right away. This makes it easier for you to choose pricing strategies, test them, and automate them once ready. For instance, you might want to:
- Set up a replenishment schedule for items on the Owned 100% SmartList.
- Work on your performance metrics to have better chances at the This refers to the situation where a sel… More for items on the Owned 55%-99% list.
- Set up more aggressive pricing strategies for items in the Owned 1%-49% cluster.
- Check listings from top to bottom for items on the Owned 0% list.
There’s much more to BuyBoxBuddy than meets the eye. To prove it, we’re offering readers the chance to take it for a spin for free, no questions asked. So, if you want to find out what is a good This refers to the situation where a sel… More percentage on Amazon for your products, and how to increase your Buy Box percentage without even trying, we have the answer right here.
If you’re a US seller, subscribe for free today, and enjoy 20 years’ worth of Amazon selling experience distilled into a single, self-sufficient, set-and-forget type of software.
Melanie takes an active interest in all things Amazon. She keeps an eye on the latest developments and keeps Amazon sellers up to speed.