Editor’s Note: Originally published on Oct. 23, 2012, updated on Jan. 26, 2023.
Is your Amazon Business is Amazon’s wholesale … More on the path to growth? Then it may be worthwhile to hire a Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Here are some of the benefits of entrusting your tax affairs to a professional CPA for Amazon sellers.
Why Should You Hire a Certified Public Accountant?
Running an Amazon business is increasingly difficult. Aside from year-end tax filing, Amazon sellers also need to worry about online sales taxes, local taxes, and ongoing changes in Marketplace Facilitator and Marketplace Fairness legislation. So, is it time to outsource your accounting?
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) can help you suss out your taxes. They can handle your tax affairs for you, reviewing and filing with the IRS on your behalf, suggest ways to reduce your tax liability, and help you save time and effort. They can also reduce your risk and provide peace of mind.
What Should You Know Before Looking for a CPA?
There are many different types of accountants out there. Some Amazon businesses don’t need more than an entry-level accountant with a bachelor’s degree to compile and file their tax documents. But others are willing to employ the services of a Certified Public Accountant- the highest level of accountant. Here’s what that entails:
That said, CPAs can specialize in a variety of fields, including valuation, forensic accounting, and financial planning. Not every Certified Public Accountant can master the intricacies of an Amazon Business is Amazon’s wholesale … More. So, it may be worth finding someone who specializes in CPA for Amazon sellers. Bear in mind that:
- Most Amazon businesses don’t need a CPA with a particular speciality.
- International sellers may need someone with experience in setting up businesses abroad.
- The CPA service must match the size and complexity of the Amazon business.
- Reviews are a good starting point, but not without some caution and scrutiny.
- Online and local tax obligations will probably grow in complexity.
- As Seller Accountant points out, it may help to get a CPA with experience in using e-commerce software like Xero and Quickbooks Online.
- An initial consultation can help, especially if you want to discuss things like incorporation, accounting structure, policies, and financing.
If outsourcing feels right, then you’re bound to find a good CPA for Amazon sellers without much hassle. With the tax season just started, there’s plenty of time to share and compare your options, so be sure to do your research before you entrust a CPA to handle your Amazon Business is Amazon’s wholesale … More taxes.
Melanie takes an active interest in all things Amazon. She keeps an eye on the latest developments and keeps Amazon sellers up to speed.