**This post was updated 3/13/2017
Connecting a bluetooth scanner to Profit Bandit is easier than you might think. Today I’m going to show you, step-by-step, how to connect Profit Bandit to your Android phone.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- An Android phone or tablet. Note that depending on your phone or tablet, your Android operating system may appear slightly different.
- Profit Bandit with an enabled Bluetooth add-on. Tap the puzzle piece icon in Profit Bandit and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Serial Magic Gears installed on your Android device.
- A scanfob. Most of our users use the OPN-2002 or the SerialIO Scanfob 2002.
- The instructions that came with your Scanfob. I’ll be connecting an OPN-2002 and will be using these instructions. You’ll need to print them out in order to scan the barcodes on them.
- Any item with a barcode to test that everything’s working.
Let’s get started:
1. Navigate to your Android device’s settings and then Bluetooth. Make sure Bluetooth is on as shown here:
2. Scan the SPP Mode Barcode found on your instructions.
3. Scan the barcode on your instructions to reset your PIN to 0000.
4. Hold down the Clear/Function key on the scanner for 5-10 seconds or until a blue light begins flashing. It’s the smaller of the two buttons on the scanner.
5. Your phone should discover the scanner:
6. Tap the discovered device and enter your PIN of 0000 (OPN-2005/2006 scanners may not ask for a PIN). You should now see that the device is paired.
7. Open Serial Magic Gears. And tap connect.
9. Hold down the Clear/Function key on the scanner for 5-10 seconds or until a blue light begins flashing. It’s the smaller of the two buttons on the scanner. If necessary tap “Re-connect” in Serial Magic Gears.
10. Serial Magic Gears should find and connect with your scanfob.
11. Return to Profit Bandit and scan your test item.
Please let me know if you have any trouble following these directions!
Don’t forget to like SellerEngine on Facebook!